1. a) The painting is entitled "Starry Night", June, 1889.
2. d) It is in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
3. b) He was born in Zundert, a village in the southern province of North Brabant, Holland.
4. a) The most expensive painting ever sold at auction was the Portrait of Dr. Gachet, a painting of the man who helped Van Gogh recover from his mental illness.The drawing was entitled "Garden with Flowers."
5. c) The painting sold for a record 82.5 million and the drawing sold for $8.36 million at a Christie's auction
6. d) During his life Van Gogh created 873 paintings, 152 watercolors, and 1059 drawings.
7. d) On July 27, 1890 Van Gogh shot himself in the chest. He died two days later.
8. c) He was born on Mar. 30, 1839 and died in July of 1890.
9. b) Towards the end of 1888, the first signs of his illness, a type of epilepsy that took the form of delusions and psychotic attacks. It was during one of those seizures that he cut off his left ear-lobe. The story of him giving his ear to woman as a gift of love is a myth.
10. a) Remarkly Van Gogh's, who was known for his use of color, early work was dark and associated with black.
1-2 correct: poor - Van Gogh who?
3-5 correct: fair - Your learning but still have a long ways to go.
6-7 correct: Good Job! You're a dabbler in the arts.
8-9 correct: Amazing: You know your Van Gogh!
10 correct: Perfect! You are an arts master. You deserve the UCanBuyArt.com award.
(Right Click to Save the Award!)