Teena Marie Saunders
Teena Marie Saunders is a Nova Scotia artist living in Cape Breton. Her work often finds its foundation in traditional motifs adapted to her interest in subjects found throughout the Maritimes.
Teena Marie's work as a printmaker is represented in small lino-cuts (relief prints from linoleum blocks). Primarily self-taught, she also works in acrylics producing paintings and canvas floor cloths. Her artwork depicts sea life, native flora and everyday objects.
Ms. Saunders is owner/operator of Ross House Studio est. 1996, a printmaking studio/gallery, in Margaree Harbour, Cape Breton, where she works from June to October. She works at her home in Sydney the remainder of the year.
She is a member of Visual Arts Nova Scotia, and the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design and is a founding member of in.sight Gallery (est. 1998), an artist run center in Sydney Mines. She is also a participant of the Studio Rally Program, and is presently serving on the board of the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design. The Nova Scotia Art Bank Program also purchased her work in 2000.
Ms. Saunders' work has been exhibited in the following shows
- April 2003 Canada Reads commission through Canadian Broadcasting Corp
- Sept 2002- Whitney Pier Festival of the Arts
- April 2001- The Queen and the Jester-show of lino-cut prints with printmaker David Tuck-GalleryII UCCB
- 2001,2000,1999,1998-in.sight Gallery- group shows
- Sept 2000 Whitney Pier Festival of the Arts
- July-Sept. 2000-"Hands Dancing"-Inverness County Council of the Arts
- April 2000-"999/000"-Visual Arts Nova Scotia/Cape Breton Regional Show
- Jan. 2000-in.sight@Silicon Island-ArtsCape Breton
- Sept.1999-Whitney Pier Festival of Visual Arts
- Summer 1999-"Hands Dancing"- Inverness County Council of the Arts
- Sept. 1998-Whitney Pier Festival of the Arts
- Summer 1998-"Hands Dancing"-Inverness County Council of the Arts
- Jan. 1998-"Kindred Spirits"-UCCB Art Gallery
- Sept. 1997-"Images and Reflections" - UCCB Art Gallery
- Sept. 1997-Sherman Hines Gallery
Category: Print Making
Media:linoeum cut relief print