The 'Art' of Web Promotion
- Shopping Revenues on the net is up more than 300% from last year.
- Retail Sales from Thanksgiving to Christmas for AOL were $1.2 billion
- By 2003 US E-Commerce will leap beyond 1.4 trillion in sales!
- In 1997 the Internet created one billionaire.
- In 1998 the Internet created 14 billionaires.
- In 1983 there were 6 million businesses online.
- In 1988 there were 17 Million businesses online.
- In 1995 there were 33 Million businesses online.
- And by 2005 there will be 400+ Million businesses on-line.
- 60,000 new users join everyday.
- Over 300,000,000 will get online in the next 3 years.
- In 1999 there were 275 million people using the Internet.
- It is predicted that there will be 475 million people by the end
of this year.
- The top ten Internet using countries are: (1)USA (2)Canada (3)Sweden
(4)Australia (5)Switzerland (6)Finland (7)Netherlands (8)Hong Kong
- More than 60% of Americans use the Internet regularly.
The Internet has done all of these things and continues to grow at
an uncontrolled pace. However, with each new day the competition gets
more fierce. 125,000 home based start up on the Internet each week.
How many of these will succeed and how many will fail? The Internet
hype neglects, the Internet's failures. There are no statistics on
the the Internet's share of failures. Remember companies that supposedly
are worth billions of dollars have yet to prove themselves. Amazon.com
after having spent billions only declared its first profit at the
beginning of year 2000. Other big e-companies have yet to be so lucky.
New netpreneurs should be cautious about expecting the Internet to
make them rich. However, it is here to stay and it does represent
where the future of business is headed. To end with a quote:
"By the year 2001 there will be two kinds of businesses. Those
with web sites and those no longer in business."
- Bill Gates